Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Seats at Omniplex question

Options
  • 15-12-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭

I see on the Omniplex website now they let you choose where you sit to watch the movie.

Is the seat actually reserved for you, or will you find someone sitting in your seat like on a train and just sit wherever is available?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You might find someone sitting in your seat but they'll move when asked. Most will sit in their own seat but some might sit in someone else's seat hoping they ain't fussy and ask them to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

You might find someone sitting in your seat but they'll move when asked. Most will sit in their own seat but some might sit in someone else's seat hoping they ain't fussy and ask them to move.

That's good no more queuing up to try get a decent seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

That's good no more queuing up to try get a decent seat.

Or you could just end up sitting beside a smelly loud %^&* instead. I stopped going there since they introduced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

davo2001 wrote: »
    Or you could just end up sitting beside a smelly loud %^&* instead. I stopped going there since they introduced it.

me too. You can book a seat but you cant pick who sits beside you. Had few bad experiences. Go to odeon or showtime now instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Booked a seat for Star Wars tomorrow at 2. Let's hope some numpty isn't sitting in my seat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

seachto7 wrote: »
    Booked a seat for Star Wars tomorrow at 2. Let's hope some numpty isn't sitting in my seat!

what about the poor numpty who arrives early and thinks he has a grand seat and then you arrive for your reserved seat :D could be very intresting if he refuses to move surely if cinema selling reserved seats they should at least mark them and let everybody know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

afro man wrote: »
    surely if cinema selling reserved seats they should at least mark them and let everybody know

Well everybody gets a reserved seat so if they sit in the one they are assigned, no need to indicate which ones are taken

Played a game of musical chairs at the Omniplex one night at a quiet screening, booked seats were occupied so sat in random seats elsewhere, until the rightful owners of those seats arrived

Puts me off a bit as it's never busy enough to justify it I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Place will be full of travellers now for the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Went to 2pm screening of Star Wars. I guess scumbags and travellers aren't fans. ;) It was busy enough but not full. I booked a seat and it was ok.
    I'd like to go and see it again over the Christmas once things calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

seachto7 wrote: »
    Went to 2pm screening of Star Wars. I guess scumbags and travellers aren't fans. ;) It was busy enough but not full. I booked a seat and it was ok.
    I'd like to go and see it again over the Christmas once things calm down.

i was at that screening in screen 1 :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

All three cinemas in Limerick aren't great, each have their issues, but the omniplex is the worst of the bad bunch. Showtime could probably become the best if they got better seats and stopped leaving in noisy travellers or at least did something when pricks make noise during movies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

warpdrive wrote:
    All three cinemas in Limerick aren't great, each have their issues, but the omniplex is the worst of the bad bunch. Showtime could probably become the best if they got better seats and stopped leaving in noisy travellers or at least did something when pricks make noise during movies

I prefer odeon out of the 3 I but I think it's time that they revonated. Seats are from when it was storm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Do people not rate the maxx screen in the Omniplex?

I thought the picture, sound and seats were good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

Do people not rate the maxx screen in the Omniplex?

I thought the picture, sound and seats were good.

It's a poor man's IMAX...yet they still charge close to the price of IMAX. Omnimaxx screens are purely a ploy to get extra money for showing the same quality. If they used 4K projectors it'd at least be some bit of incentive to go to that screen rather than the other 2K ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

warpdrive wrote: »
    It's a poor man's IMAX...yet they still charge close to the price of IMAX. Omnimaxx screens are purely a ploy to get extra money for showing the same quality. If they used 4K projectors it'd at least be some bit of incentive to go to that screen rather than the other 2K ones

It cost me like 8 euro to see star wars in the maxx screen?

Advertisement