Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend a laptop for College, Music, Movies and a bit of Gaming :)

Options
  • 15-12-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for a good, RELIABLE laptop for the following..

Movies..Netflix possibly a bit of Movie2K
    Music...Youtube, Downloading & ITunes
    Gaming...Football Manager
    College.. Im a Student of Media so a lot of Typing (Thesis coming up), Audio editing software will be installed Adobe Audio, Video Editing & Photoshop..Presentations

Basically im after a reliable, Fast Laptop to fulfill my requirements above...Budget of €500 max..?

Also am i better off waiting until after Xmas or...?

Thanks a million for any input :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

Well...any recommendations peoples, not a man that up to date with current laptop specs ect..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tdireddi wrote: »
    Well...any recommendations peoples, not a man that up to date with current laptop specs ect..

Thanks

How heavy is the video/photo editing going to be?

mordeith wrote: »
    How heavy is the video/photo editing going to be?

Will both be Adobe, Photoshop & Premier Pro..

Premier Pro, Windows requirements...

Windows

•Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Phenom II processor with 64-bit support
    •Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), or Windows 10

•4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
    •4 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
    •Additional disk space required for preview files and other working files (10 GB recommended)
    •1280 x 800 display
    •7200 RPM or faster hard drive (multiple fast disk drives configured for RAID 0 recommended)
    •Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model
    •QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features
    •Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
    •Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

Photoshop System Requirements...

•Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
    •Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10

•2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
    •2 GB of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 2.1 GB of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
    •1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of VRAM (1 GB recommended)*
    •OpenGL 2.0–capable system
    •Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.**

Tdireddi wrote: »
    Will both be Adobe, Photoshop & Premier Pro..

Premier Pro, Windows requirements...

I meant the actual tasks. Are we looking at long duration, full HD movies and batch processing of RAW images, or a little bit of YouTube clips and basic image editing?

I meant the actual tasks. Are we looking at long duration, full HD movies and batch processing of RAW images, or a little bit of YouTube clips and basic image editing?

Sorry, Ya editing of raw images, uploading of video pieces to which to be edited and put into sequence..some HD movies which would be 10 minutes at a max

• Advertisement

You're probably looking at a min of 8GB RAM to process multiple RAW images with any degree of speed. An SSD would help as well but I doubt your budget would stretch to that. There's lads more familiar with current money vs hardware tradeoffs so don't take my advice as final.

Something like this maybe
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/hewlett-packard-hp-350-core-i5-5200u-2.2ghz-8gb-500gb-15.6-dvd-sm-win-7-pr-k9j04ea/version.asp#maindesc

You're probably looking at a min of 8GB RAM to process multiple RAW images with any degree of speed. An SSD would help as well but I doubt your budget would stretch to that. There's lads more familiar with current money vs hardware tradeoffs so don't take my advice as final.

Thank you, no much use will be used of both Photoshop and Premier Pro as it will be available to use in college, but would be handy for myself anyways in case I get an itch to do my assignments at home..

Advertisement