Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Christmas Themes/Christmas Nostalgia

Options
  • 15-12-2015 4:35pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hola,

Perhaps its the nostalgia of my childhood but every christmas I tend to replay games that have a certain part of Christmas theme at some point in the game. Just wondering if anyone else does this? I tend to shy away from multiplayer and just have some single player fun (apart from the Christmas parties :P)

EG: Every year I replay the PS1 Die Hard game
    I play Croc too, just for the Winter maps
    Animal Crossing - For the Christmas Events

For nostalgia
    I play through as much of FFVII as I can
    I play through the AOE II campaign and mods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Freezeezy Peak in Banjo Kazooie is the ultimate Christmas level for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That Diddy Kong Racing Track with the little X-Mass lights on the House and I think there was a loop-the-loop part in the level

Mario 64 with the Penguins you had to Shepard around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I try to save whatever Zelda has come out over the year for the Christmas break.

And a game of SFII on Christmas day for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Christmas Nights. A Christmas themes demo Sega made for Nights, is also available as part of the psn/xbla version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Christmas Nights. A Christmas themes demo Sega made for Nights, is also available as part of the psn/xbla version.

I still have the free copy I got with Sega Saturn Magazine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

similarly there's Toy Commander: Christmas Surprise
    Shenmue and Blue Stinger also have enjoyable christmas settings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

James Pond: Robocod had Christmassy theme.

I'm buried in FF7 again on the PS4

Also will do Half-Life 1 (picked up the ps2 version for couch comfort - great port) followed by a playthrough of Black Mesa Steam version. Heard there's huge improvements over the modded version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I enjoyed playing skyrim last Christmas, particularly when it snowed ingame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Terraria has a big Christmas theme that kicks in between Dec 15th and 31st. Bunnies wear Santa hats, baddies drop presents with Christmas outfits and candy cane swords in them. Santa can even move into a free house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Very fond memories playing Die Hard trilogy.
    Every level was literally a level in the Nakatomi plaza, starting at the basement. Really satisfying feeling clearing each level.

Plus the shooter game in the airport. Now that was fun! I still have the gun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I did the advent calendar on December. It was awesome. No other game is more Christmas with the exception of maybe Robocod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hardstylemath

Not really a Christmas game but PGR4 Xbox snowing on the Nurburgring or any track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I was going to reply with Christmas nights but it seems so many other people have a good taste in games too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Arkham Origins

Advertisement