Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod Stewart - June 2016

Options
  • 15-12-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the in wrong place. Looking for tickets for the gig in Kilkenny - plenty left but not sure where is the best spot. There are tickets seated on the pitch and then on both sides. Having never been there before can anyone make suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was at Springsteen there and can only recommend pitch standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Dovies wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the in wrong place. Looking for tickets for the gig in Kilkenny - plenty left but not sure where is the best spot. There are tickets seated on the pitch and then on both sides. Having never been there before can anyone make suggestions?
    The Nal wrote: »
    Was at Springsteen there and can only recommend pitch standing.

In the case of the Rod Stewart gig, there is flat seating in front of the stage, with standing behind.

I think it is similar to the layout used when he played the RDS in 2013.

I have not been in Nowlan Park for a seated gig, but going, generally, by other outdoor gigs, like the RDS, which has had flat seated areas in front of the stage, perhaps somewhere in the centre of the pitch seated area would be good, so that you are not too much to either side.

The disadvantage of the pitch seated tickets is that they are the most expensive, so if you choose those tickets, maybe ring ticketmaster or call in to a ticketmaster outlet to let them show you what seats in that area are available.

I say this because ticketmaster's website for music gigs, does not let you use an interactive seat plan, to see what tickets are available throughout the whole venue. It just selects best available, but because of that, it might select seats at the edge of row f, but won't let you know before buying them, that there may be more central seats a few rows back in the same block.

The frustrating thing about the way it doesn't use an interactive seat plan for music gigs, is that it does use an interactive seat plan for theatre, musical and sporting events, which enables you to see what is and isn't available and select from that, what you'd prefer.

Maybe also, select a row that's not too close, so that you will be able see all the band members onstage. Sometimes at outdoor seated gigs, if you are too close, if the stage is high, you might not be able to see towards the back of the stage.

For example the piano might block your view of the bass player!:)

The sound can be better if you are not too close as well.

Sometimes if you are at the side, for example in the stands on either side of the stage, your view of the nearest side of the stage to you can be blocked by monitors or speakers.

One advantage of getting the standing tickets, even though they are behind the pitch seats, is at least when you get there, you can decide where you want to stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks for that. Yes pitch seated are available - I will take another look at what comes up. Not getting standing - I won't even stand in a pub - certainly not doing it for a gig!!

Advertisement