Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Tattoo

Options
  • 14-12-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm getting married in the next few weeks, and I won't be wearing a wedding ring so I was thinking of getting a tattoo of a wedding ring instead. Has anyone seen this done before, and if so how did it turn out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Could be tricky after the divorce. The only time I've heard of this being done was Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee.

Nuff said?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've heard of more people getting it done, but generally the inside of the finger and the palm-side (generally) won't hold the ink that well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive done 3 hand tattoos this week.
    Ink is very hard to hold on the hand.Expect multiple touch ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

An ex-manager of mine & his wife had them... They are London Chinese & I thought it was a cultural thing...

Have to say, it looked a bit grotty... the ink had turned green, had faded out and was a bit hazy... but that could just be the quality of the tattoo artist.

I don't normally tend to think of tattoos as thuggish, but these did have a bit of a negative vibe...

Tattoos are fairly normal here in the work environment, so I'm not being generally negative... just these didn't appeal to me. I've also heard Others comment negatively about them.

BTW, a supplier turned up to my office yesterday... Rolex, Armani Cloths & tattoo from his back, up his neck and the back of his shaved head... & I live in a conservative Muslim country...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

why would you not just wear a ring? tattoo rings look complete sh*te

• Advertisement
Advertisement