Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Legends @ Goffs 23/24 Jan 2016 - When is Ronnie Playing

Options
  • 14-12-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks, hope one of you can help me out...

Am looking to buy tickets for the Snooker Legengs @ Goffs, and I was wondering if someone knows the actual schedule or when Ronnie O'Sullivan will be playing...

The teams are 4v4 and they have 4 sessions total so I'm guessing there will be 1 match per session, and I REALLY would like to watch Ronnie play Live.

Any help or steer in the right direction is most appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Fernando

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I would presume for something like this all the players would have to make an appearance at each session? I think if you stick the players up on the poster and advertise it the punters will go to any one session and expect to see the star names there? I am expecting the scores for Ireland v England are cumulative over the 4 sessions.

Good line up, Ronnie, plus Mark Allen, and the world champ, along with the usual regulars. Must book tickets for one of the Saturday sessions and support it, good to have something to look forward to in mid January

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Last year it was split into doubles and singles game. Everyone plays at every session.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I have tickets for the Sunday session at 1pm. I can't see much on the internet about the event but from what I am reading it looks like Ronnie, Bingham, Mark Allen, Doherty, Davis, Taylor & Virgo will all be making an appearance so it should be a bit of crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Same here... I was trying to find out a bit more about this, but there's not much info available online. We're going to the Sat eve session.

Has anybody been to one of these events at Goffs before? What's the format / structure?.... how long does the session last / finishing time? Is there bar / lounge to meet before / after the session?

I rang Goffs, but they're not running the event themselves & they have no info other than what's on the flyers.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShazF88

I emailed the organiser to ask when Ronnie would be playing and he told me that Ronnie would be playing in all sessions so I would be sure to see him.

• Advertisement

I went to the first session on Sunday, I enjoyed it. The score at the end of the session was 12-8 to Ireland. Anyone know what the final score was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Glenman wrote: »
    I went to the first session on Sunday, I enjoyed it. The score at the end of the session was 12-8 to Ireland. Anyone know what the final score was?

According to the Snooker Legends website, Ireland won 18-10
    http://www.snookerlegends.co.uk/

We enjoyed the Sat night session. We thought it was well organised & good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It was very good. I see dennis taylor also turned up last night so I'd say the craic was good when Ireland won and they all seem to have hangovers today going on the twitter feed. Tony knowles isn't on the tour anymore and it showed he really struggled saturday night. But the idea behind snooker legends originally was to get the old players from thd 80s out in front of an audience again, and it's been great to roll back the years. I've seen jimmy, dennis, steve, cliff thorburn, kirk stevens, and tony knowles in the last few years at these. Nearly a full house of top 80s players, and saturday night at goffs was the best event do far. Even better than seeing jimmy make the 147 in 2011.

I am a bigger fan of Mark Allen after this event then I used to be. He seemed to really get into it and he was out on the balcony watching every frame that he wasn't involved in. He looked like he was enjoying himself.

Advertisement