Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reversing cameras

Options
  • 14-12-2015 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi all, I'm looking for any info on the best type of reversing camera for my fiat ducato hymer. any advice would be gratefully received. there are so many to chose from out there. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

I have both reversing and a rear view camera.

Reversing cameras are usually wide angle so as to get the fully width of the MH in view.

A rear view camera should give you approximately the same image as you would get if you looked in your car rear view mirror (wing mirrors often have a smaller but wider angle view). Some rear view cameras supplied have a focal length (I think that is what it's called) that can mean that a vehicle behind you suddenly appears from a speck in the distance to be about to overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

We have a revising camera which is a "Viewtech" day and night vision with sound, had it for 4 years with no problems so far. I remember at the time wondering why I would want a camera with sound and the Guys selling it said "you might not always see a kid running behind the MH but you might hear them" ... that certainly proved to be very true!

Advertisement