Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Parking on Saturday in December

Options
  • 13-12-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭

I must park in Dublin next Sat, arriving about 12 but not leaving until 11pm. Would the Red Cow be full this time of the year? Or Hueston? Or any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Plenty of Monday to Friday parking around South Circular/Portobello.

Short walk into town then..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Plenty of Monday to Friday parking around South Circular/Portobello.

Short walk into town then..

There actually isn't a lot of parking around that area. It's primarily a residential area plus it's paid parking till late with a lot of clamper activity; not ideal for day long layovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

There actually isn't a lot of parking around that area. It's primarily a residential area plus it's paid parking till late with a lot of clamper activity; not ideal for day long layovers.

Not quite true.

Some streets are Monday to Sunday, others Monday to Saturday but a good few are Monday to Friday. Dosent seem to be much logic however with adjoining streets having completely different hours so poster should have a good look at the signs before parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Dosent seem to be much logic however with adjoining streets having completely different hours so poster should have a good look at the signs before parking.

+1 Doesn't even have to be nearby streets, there are streets in the city (several in Sandymount) with different hours for the two sides of the same street and these are not commuter routes which turn into clearways at 4 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks all however its Sat I am concerned about and primarily somewhere with day long rate e.g. red cow. Mostly asking about spaces on Sat in Dec? Or other park and rides?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fitzwilliam Place/Square has plenty of free-on-Saturdays spots. They're mixed in with Mon-Sat stretches. 10 minute walk to Grafton st. Make sure you're on the right side of the parking sign, though! By 'right', I of course mean 'correct'. 'Right' might be wrong, depending on your POV...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where are you coming from? Not much point sending you to the Red Cow if you're coming down the M1.
    Carrickmines might be handy if coming from M11. I would have thought the Red Cow would be ok but 12 might be leaving it a bit late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I am coming from Cork. Might try Cheeverstown altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thanks all however its Sat I am concerned about and primarily somewhere with day long rate e.g. red cow. Mostly asking about spaces on Sat in Dec? Or other park and rides?

OP, I believe that when people are telling you about 'Mon-Fri' parking streets, they're talking about places that are free to park on weekends. There are plenty of side streets in D4 office land which are typically deserted at weekends and where parking is free Sat & Sun, Wellington Road being an example. Just make sure that there's nothing visible in the car as quiet streets present good opportunities for theft from cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭patrickc

I used the redcow P&R last Saturday and loads of spaces there

• Advertisement
Advertisement