Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre spin

Options
  • 13-12-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was leaving a college accomation place on Friday when the gate opened I spun the front 2 tryes on the car, another car saw me and I was just wondering should I be worried? Could I get in trouble for it? It was also raining

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I wouldnt worry about it. Please be careful until you get more experience(and be careful after that too!)

I don't think that the other car would have noticed, the driver might have though. :P
    Unless you appeared to lose control (the car snaked or something) there shouldn't be anything to worry about, just proves that the grip is not as good in poor weather and you need to drive more carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Steven1738 wrote: »
    I was leaving a college accomation place on Friday when the gate opened I spun the front 2 tryes on the car, another car saw me and I was just wondering should I be worried? Could I get in trouble for it? It was also raining

why would you bother

this girl fixed up her mothers car, drives it to school and everywhere

1000 hp

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Steven1738 wrote: »

no you won't get in trouble for it. Even if a garda saw it they'd likely do nothing in the circumstances.

It may indicate your tyres thread is quite worn down or the tyre are cheap crap with bad wet grip. Worth having a look at them anyway, see what state they are in and if they may need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm constantly doing it OP, especially when turning from a standstill on markings, nothing dangerous about it unless your tyres are bald or you're moving fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Steven1738

no you won't get in trouble for it. Even if a garda saw it they'd likely do nothing in the circumstances.

It may indicate your tyres thread is quite worn down or the tyre are cheap crap with bad wet grip. Worth having a look at them anyway, see what state they are in and if they may need to be replaced.
    My tyres are fine I was just acting the clown, thanks ☺

Advertisement