Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*sigh* ANOTHER "recommend a yoga studio" thread

Options
  • 13-12-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

As per the title;

Looking for a really good yoga studio/class, preferably Southside, or even north Wicklow would be grand too!

My gym offers free classes and I've gone to two but the instructors change every week so there's no consistency.

I want to gain flexibility, core strength, and overall strength I guess!

I am grateful for any guidance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

Can't recommend Yoga Dublin enough - they have three studios you can attend (Dun Laoghaire, Dundrum & Ranelagh), a huge choice of classes, restorative to strenuous options and very experienced teachers. Decently priced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LuG123

I'm not sure if this will help as the studios I'm familiar are more so city centre but here you go anyway. The three studios I have attended classes regularly in and would recommend would be Samadhi on Dame street. The Yoga Hub just off Camden St. and the Elbow room in Stoneybatter.

My favourite studio would be Samadhi but that's just personal preference and it's also where I started practising. The other studios are great too and have really nice teachers.

Here are some positives for each.
    Samadhi - Smaller studio and it has a lovely community feel. Really fantastic teachers. As the rooms are smaller the classes don't tend to get too big which I like. However in saying that there are certain classes that are really popular and they can get very busy but they are still great.
    Elbow Room - Again there is a nice community here too and the staff are really friendly. They also expanded recently enough and have more studio rooms. I moved which is why I couldn't attend classes there anymore but just before I did they opened a new juice bar and I think they serve food also. It looked like it was going to be really good.
    Yoga Hub - This is a nice studio but a lot busier and less of a community feel I think but I also only attended classes here for a few months so I could be wrong about that. I did really like it though and there are some good teachers. They have a large number of hot yoga classes which could be a good or bad thing depending on if you like them or not. The do also have regular yoga classes too though. They have a little cafe also called Happy Food and its supposed to be lovely. It always looked good but never personally tried anything.

Anyway hope this helps. You really couldn't go wrong with any of the above and while I have never been myself I have heard good things about the Yoga Room in Ballsbridge also.

Advertisement