Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 550

Options
  • 13-12-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

I see Meteoe are ranging this phone. Anyone any experience with it or have there been any reviews online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Picked up one with Three Today for 99euro prepay, after a bit of updating the phone is really good in fact amazing for the price.

There are bugs and when you get the phone you have to update all the apps and OS to the latest revision (as of writing 10.0.10586.29) but when that is all done it’s worth it. Screen is fantastic, cameras really good (yes main and front facing with a flash) and the whole OS is really fluid and coming together, setup with a Microsoft account and everything loads down in one login; contacts, email and onedrive files.

Most of the main apps are present; facebook, viber, Instagram or in the store. It has an SD slot that will support cards to 200GB. Takes a nano SIM (same as most new phones now) charges via standard micro USB. Has native Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

This phone looks like Microsoft making a serious push at last in the mobile field and it deserves support especially at the price. It’s a no brainer purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

young fella ( 2yr old) smashed my 640 at the weekend. iv asked vodafone if they
    are stocking this and got no reply.

just wondering could i chance buying this from meteor and pop my vodafone
    sim in ?? reason being, just about everyone of there phones are simlocked
    to first sim entered.

anyone done this with windows phone before from meteor ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would a sim free 640 from argos @150 be an option for you ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Would a sim free 640 from argos @150 be an option for you ?

Lumia 550 €99 and would like the smaller screen myself. Main reasons. That's 640 is the best phone iv had in a long time.

Pity the bright orange cover I has attracts children

Well I just had a look at Vodafone site there again and its on it now @ €99

Problem solved. Don't know how I missed that before !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I have the bright orange 640 and absolutely love it,, would cry if anything ever happened to it..

He just kinda threw it perfectly onto the side of footpath , delighted he was too.

I handed it to him while taking stuff outta the car, lesson learned.

Anyway new phone tomorrow hopefully or might just get another 640...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

anyone know what OS is on the 535 from 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

anyone know what OS is on the 535 from 3?

All windows phone have 8.1 now except the 950/XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

beauf wrote: »
    All windows phone have 8.1 now except the 950/XL.

Doh(to me not you)! I meant the 550. It has Windows 10, but wondering what release here on 3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I didn't know the 550 was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Halflifept

Bought mine in MS IE for 99€ in December and keeps rebooting everyday. Tried with the lastest TP build and the same problem.
    The screen is nice 720p for 4.7", the SoC is equivalent to the S400/S410 but should have come out with windows 8.1, windows 10 mobile is far from ready.

Advertisement