Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 or Tab A 9.7

Options
  • 12-12-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Deciding on a xmas present for the parents and undecided between the two. My parents basically want the tablet for using the internet and taking images. So I want to buy a reasonable one, but not spend too much money as the latest technology is not a priority.

Tab E 9.6 in Argos at €169
    Tab A 9.7 in a local computer store at €239

Is the added 8 GB/battery and the addition of lollipop OS over KitKat really worth €70. The computer store said the Tab A is the one to go for but given the type of usage I'm not sure the fastest internet is key. Surely Tab E is equally as good.

2 other qs:
    Does it be necessary to buy antivirus on these?
    Does it be necessary to buy microsoft office on these? They don't come pre-installed

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I would ,nt pay for antivirus or ms office ,
    unless its gonna be used for business use .
    loads of free office apps on google play .
    .There,s loads of free security apps,use the chrome browser, firefox private mode.
    loads of free apps for taking photos.
    Yoga 2 tablet ,10.1 inch , 209 euros, argos.ie seems like a better buy to me .
    than the samsung 9.6 tablet.or the 9.7 tablet .
    2gig ram. 1920x1200 resolution. Cpu quad core . android 4.
    Theres some security hd app, on the menu screen.
    it says its free to download .
    app name . Built in kick stand ,2 front speakers ,underneath the main screen.
    Security HD . on argos ie it says ,
    battery life up to 18 hours it has a usb slot, reads standard usb drives using otg usb cable.
    check stock,Before you go out, its sold out in some argos store s .
    I,M going from memory samsung tablet has 8 hours battery life approx .

Advertisement