Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG in web address box

Options
  • 12-12-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭

I have AVG free installed on my laptop.

Somehow recently I've wound up with the AVG logo in the web address box at the top of the screen, and when I use that for a search it automatically defaults to a Yahoo/AVG browser.

Not the end of the world by any means but it's really annoying me.

Has anyone any idea how to get the thing out of there, so that I'm just using Google/Firefox as before?

Sorry if that's not very well explained! And TIA for anyone who can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Two options, go to control panel and delete avg safe search(this is the toolbar and will still keep avg on ur system) and second option is go into your broswer settings and change page from avg to google.ie
    What happens when you install avg it asks do you want to set avg as your homepage, and should be unticked before install

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Two options, go to control panel and delete avg safe search(this is the toolbar and will still keep avg on ur system) and second option is go into your broswer settings and change page from avg to google.ie
    What happens when you install avg it asks do you want to set avg as your homepage, and should be unticked before install

Thanks for the reply.

AVG has not taken over as my homepage - that's still Google - but the AVG logo is on the right-hand end of the address bar, and if I use that space for doing searches then it switches to Yahoo/AVG. If I use the Google search page then it behaves as normal.

I just can't remember selecting anything that would have put the AVG thing into the address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

AVG has not taken over as my homepage - that's still Google - but the AVG logo is on the right-hand end of the address bar, and if I use that space for doing searches then it switches to Yahoo/AVG. If I use the Google search page then it behaves as normal.

I just can't remember selecting anything that would have put the AVG thing into the address bar.

When u install avg it gives you the option to have this in your address bar and u need to untick it if you dont want it, as I said just go into setting on your homepage and change it to google and all will be fine

Advertisement