Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom MDF Repairs

Options
  • 12-12-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Afternoon All

This is a wood-related question...so hopefully OK in this forum. Our bedroom has built-in units. In my innocence I thought they were wood when we bought the house. Clear now they're MDF with wood-effect cover glued on. Covers now starting to lift all over the place...some bubbling as well.

Is it a case of...door by door...of trying to remove the cover and reapplying a glue ?. Can anyone recommend the right glue ?. I did try a sample repair with a Woodies furniture glue but it was so thick almost impossible to apply.

Perhaps something a cabinet maker/fitter could be asked to do ??.

Thanks for any info.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

New doors you cant glue that back on its a vinyl wrap that's on them doors your not alone with this problem. I have a kitchen company and their was a door manufacture up north that supplied most of Ireland with doors they used cheep glue and that's why the vinyl is coming off that company has since folded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

un fortunately there is not a lot you can do.
    if you can the foil wrap off with out freaking then it wont be easy to put back on.
    it is probably possible with a vacuum bag but you wont have access to one.

you only viable options are to buy new ones or take the wraps off them and paint them.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Thanks Peter/Pen

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Pending on how bad they are you my ht get away with using super glue to stick it back. If there really bad it might just be worth while changing the doors completly.

Advertisement