Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Repair: Acceptable or not

Options
  • 11-12-2015 11:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I had a bit of bad luck recently with a BOSS Watch. The strap needed replacing which was fine but then I managed to crack the glass. I brought it into a small independent watch repair shop and they replaced the glass. The problem is the glass is lower than the frame whereas the old glass was at the same level throughout. I queried it and was told it was the best rhey could do as it's not going to be like the original.

They sill have it as there were repairs they didn't do to the inside and the whole repair was just €20. Is the quality of the repair really accepable?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some glasses/crystals can cost that and more on their own. I've personally paid 30 quid for a crystal that I fitted myself. Granted I am fcuked in the head though there are Rolex nutters and the like that are reading of me channelling Crocodile Dundee; you call that fcuked in the head, this is fcuked in the head. :D

TBH S and IMH of course, for twenty quid, yea, that's more than acceptable. They're not robbing you that's for sure. I've seen and heard of main dealer and brand services that went into the many hundreds and sometimes thousands of quid that were worse, believe it or not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think they could have advised you that the best they could do would be the glass lower than the frame and asked you if you wanted to proceed.
    But €20 is a low price and it will probably do for now. If you want to get it perfect bring it in to a bigger dealer who can do a more expensive repair for you.

Advertisement