Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos won't open

Options
  • 11-12-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

My g/f took loads of pics today on her DSLR canon 650.

After about 5 or 6 she notices she wasn't getting a preview of the photo but thought nothing of it..

We put the SD card into the laptop and tried to open in picture viewer and Photoshop but it won't open.. Each pic has a jpeg and CR image file.. Jpeg5-7 mb and CR about 25mb..

Are the pics gone ?

Any way to view them?/

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if the camera won't preview it, and it's the camera they're taken on, it's not a good sign.
    do you get any properties on the jpg files on right click (assuming it's windows?)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭killym

The files might been corrupted...sd card might be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Yes i get properties.. shows the full size of the image.

I've tried infraview and it won't load it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i should also add that photos taken after she took these.. like the next day work on the card.. so it's strange.

Photos before and after work..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Sorry I don't have any advice for fixing the photos but I'd recommend being very careful with the memory card for future photos. At the absolute minimum I'd recommend reformatting and if the photos you take are irreplaceable it might be safer to just buy a new memory card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement