Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 22kW locations

Options
  • 11-12-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Couple of new 22kW locations installed recently.

Main one I'm interested in is "Barack Obama Plaza" (*cringe*) at Moneygall.

That's fully installed and due to be turned on before Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

cros13 wrote: »
    Couple of new 22kW locations installed recently.

Main one I'm interested in is "Barack Obama Plaza" (*cringe*) at Moneygall.

That's fully installed and due to be turned on before Christmas.

How much faster will these be to charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

thierry14 wrote: »
    How much faster will these be to charge?

thats a function of your cars built in charger, the leaf cant take proper advantage of these installations

You'd get a decent charge in 2 hrs with the 6.6 kw as useful as I find it most people don't feel the 900 Euro's extra justifies charging in half the time. Having said that, dealers only buy very few leafs with the 6.6 kw so most people don't have the choice unless ordering brand new.

30-90% in about 2 hrs. 30-80% in less.

Roughly 40% per hour @6.6 kw. Could be quiet convenient if a fast charger was down, could be the difference between getting home, or not, or not having to find a fast charger in the first place.

Advertisement