Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Chocolates

Options
  • 10-12-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm new to this but am looking for some vegan choccies for a buddy of mine. Can't really order off the net as I won't see them after Monday. Preferably around the Portlaoise, Tullamore, Athlone corridor of the country for stores.

Anything ye can recommend? And where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hi there,

I'm new to this but am looking for some vegan choccies for a buddy of mine. Can't really order off the net as I won't see them after Monday. Preferably around the Portlaoise, Tullamore, Athlone corridor of the country for stores.

Anything ye can recommend? And where?

There's loads in dunnes at the moment in the Christmas section.

Failing that you'll get some in any health store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Aldi have a selection box at the moment, or the likes of Holland and Barratt have a good selection including stuff like Booja Booja truffles if you want something more upmarket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

iceland has elizabeth shaw chocolates and a few cheapo brands that are nice, coffee chocolates mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Only found out yesterday that Lindt dark chocolates are vegan as there is no milk added.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Only found out yesterday that Lindt dark chocolates are vegan as there is no milk added.

Pretty much all dark chocolate is :) They're just rarely marked as vegan or dairy free cause there's a risk of contamination as they're usually made on the same production lines as milk chocolates etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hani Kosti wrote: »

Really? I could have sworn there was butter oil or milk fat in them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Their truffles are not vegan, their bars are.

Advertisement