Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI award confusion

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Just received a letter from SUSI and I'm not sure what to make of it. It says the following:

Rate and Type of Grant Awarded
    You have been awarded the following rate and type of grant based on the reckonable income and other relevant circumstances assessed in relation to your application: Undergraduate Fees: 50% of Student Contribution.

Amount of Grant Awarded
    You have been awarded the following grant amount calculated on the basis of a nine month academic year: Undergraduate Fees: Student Contribution representing the full amount of the rate of grant awarded above and payable to your college.

Are my fees totally covered or am I liable to pay anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

If I'm reading this right, your tuition fees are paid which usually are if you are a Irish citizen, but the student contribution which is usually E3000, you will have to pay half of that which with the government levy will be around 1625,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If I'm reading this right, your tuition fees are paid which usually are if you are a Irish citizen, but the student contribution which is usually E3000, you will have to pay half of that which with the government levy will be around 1625,

Yes this is what it means but only if the contribution is the full €3000. Some courses (Example: IT) are less than €3000 in Fees so therefore you would be liable for a lesser amount if the fees are lower for your course.

Advertisement