If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.


  • 10-12-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 KeleGal

    I'm currently developing a Microbiology Lab as part of my companies plans to expand into R&D. For this i require a number of start up equipment which include an autoclave. Thus, I am wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get a used 40-50L top-loading autoclave. I require it in good working condition for obvious reasons, but at a reasonable price as they are extremely expensive to buy new, a major problem for us a s we are on a tight budget.

    I hope someone can help :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ mistress_gi

    Technically you can BUT if it's going to be for R&D you really need something that has been certified etc. Warranty is also good if you can get it. All of this can be negotiated though.
    Check with various suppliers they often sell ex-display or returned equipment that will have been checked by their engineers.
    I've set up many labs and have many contacts with suppliers. Pm me if you want more help.

  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ 210

    Autoclaves have to be inspected & Certified under insurance requirements as pressure vessels every 6 months so if you go for a used one just be careful that it meets requirements. Be careful also not to mix up calibration certification and insurance certification - both would be need to be available. Parts for older models can also be hard to get so be careful - whole thing a bit of a minefield.