Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to organize a gig??

Options
  • 10-12-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello,

I'm planing to bring a Spanish band to play here Feb-March (they're willing to come and play, the play melodic HC) but I have never organize any concert in Dublin and I don't know many bands, I have attend to different concerts in TenterHooks, Whelan's, Fibbbers,...but I don't know anyone that could help me or give me any advise, so any help is really welcome, because i don't know how to start with this.

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my crappy English but as you can realize I'm not a english native speaker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Set date
    book venue
    book bands
    make sure you've all the gear you need
    run gig
    pay bands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

bassey wrote: »
    Set date
    book venue
    book bands
    make sure you've all the gear you need
    run gig
    pay bands

Advertise

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spark1977

Hi,
    thanks a lot for the advice, right now I´m trying to contact with some local bands because one Spanish band is willing to play here so it would be easy if they play with one or two local bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 41 spark1977

I have a really good friends that they´re willing to play in Ireland (I don´t know how they will fit in my place), just one or two gigs and they asked me for some help, problem is I have no clue how I start with this because I have no contacts at all, so I´m contact with some bands to know if they are interested in play with them.

This is the Facebook page about the band I´m talking about

www .facebook.com/sillysallyband/?fref=ts

If you´re interested or you can give any advice it will be vey helpful.

Thanks a lot for reading and I´m so sorry for my crappy english.

• Advertisement
Advertisement