Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Eve box for kids

Options
  • 09-12-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi, am interested in doing one of these for my daughter but unfortunately can't find an actual Christmas box anywhere. I'm looking for a tin Christmas box if anyone could tell me where I might find one?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did you try Heatons? (Ask the gang on the Christmas board, they will know!!!)
    What about the biggest of these?
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/carolyn-donnelly-eclectic-christmas-gift-box/home-decorations/dunnesstores/fcp-product/2073100?colour=multi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

lidl or aldi had some a week or so ago

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know where you're based, but if you're looking specifically for a tin box, you could try in a kitchen supplies shop - I haven't been in Blanchardstown in over 10 years so I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be one on the ground floor near one of the entrances, and I know they used to have tin boxes. 'All Rooms' in Liffey Street in Dublin, beside M&s, if it's still open used to stock them too, I think they were biscuit tins but they could do the trick.

You could also try the Arts and Crafts shops, or places like Homebase or Woodies. Dealz might have them too.

The last thing I can think of is to get an old tin of chocolates/biscuits, and paint it/decorate it with enamels/varnishes with whatever pattern/colour you like. You could use spray paint, for instance, and use stencils over the base coat.

If anything else springs to mind I'll post it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lidl might still have some. They come in a set of 3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're still looking for a tin box, I saw some only yesterday in €urosaver, TK Maxx, and even in Heatons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement