Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken diseqc?

Options
  • 09-12-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

My daughter spilled water at the area where the diseqc device is at. there is 1 cable from a satellite dish and 1 from a connector thats on the wall.

anyway, since she spilled water on it, we are not receiving any channels anymore. sometimes food network works, i think these are the channels that sometimes work are on 28.2 astra. but not all, only food network as far as i have checked.

i unscrewed all the cables from the diseqc sqitch, and there was liquid coming out, some dark liquid as well?! not sure what that was.

is it safe to assume that the diseqc sqitch is broken and i should but a new one? or could it be something else too? the cables?

my wife just tells me that is wasnt working the whole day, but now it suddenly is... but with artifacts etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

If there is water in the cables it could run all the way down to your receiver and damage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

winston_1 wrote: »
    If there is water in the cables it could run all the way down to your receiver and damage it.

uh. thats not nice!

anyway, i took both lnb-cables out of the the switch and connected them to the receiver seperately -> channels are now working. so it is in fact the switch. gonna buy a new one.

is there a store in cork that sells good diseqc switches or should i order online? satworld.ie has some, is the website recommendable?

Advertisement