Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out for mental health reasons and susi grants

Options
  • 09-12-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys
    So since I started going to University my mental health has spiralled downwards. My grades have suffered, and I have missed several assignments as well as about 2 months of attendance.
    So, I would now like to drop out and take the 8 or so months left to go to a councellor and sort myself out. I do like my course and my professors and everything - I'm just generally very unhappy and am not really functioning in any area of my life, which is affecting those around me as much as it is me. So I feel like that's the right thing to do.
    Anyway, my question is about fees. I know if you drop out before January you still get half of the free fees initative. Does this apply to Susi too? So you'd get half of free fees and half of Susi maintenance? And would being able to prove that you have poor mental health affect this at all? I'm not diagnosed with anything yet but I'm about 90% sure I have depression and some form of anxiety disorder.
    Thank you, for any information :)
    (tl;dr are both free fees and susi given back after January and would mental health affect this?)

Comments

Advertisement