Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing colour of fluorescent lamp fitting

Options
  • 09-12-2015 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

i have got a 40watt circular fluorescent ceiling light in the living room. I am happy with the look of the fitting and amount of light it throws out but its the colour rendering. even though the shop assistant said it was a Warm white tube in it and its got 2200k printed on the tube itself I still find it a white bright crisp light. Its got a frosted plastic diffuser on it, I was thinking of maybe putting some kind of film/filter in the shade but has anyone got any other ideas apart from changing it for another fitting? - can you get even warmer tubes than 2200k? - also its got a electronic ballast, would it be able to be hooked up to a dimmer switch does anyone think?

I have another floor lap in the room a 150w halogen lamp with dimmer and if i put that on the same time as the fluorescent its amazing how much 'whiter' the fluorescent light is - I would like to get them both near on matching the colour of the halogen floor lamp

747e0cb4-5c9c-4cfc-9cb1-170e2dd2b65a.jpg

Comments

Advertisement