Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what cue to buy

Options
  • 08-12-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi been looking at abbon reddy and parris cues.

Parris just too expensive. Any thoughts on other good quality and good value cues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I've used both Abben Reddy and Parris cues in the past.I found Abbens very hit and miss quality wise,Don't even bother with Parris,Most of his cues are now mass produced and unless youre a top pro you could be waiting months for a made to measure cue and his prices are ridiculous.
    Tyrone Cues are fantastic,He's based in Strabane and will answer any questions you might have if you contact him via fb.
    Maximus Cues are also very well made but are based in Thailand so expect a long wait for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I've used both Abben Reddy and Parris cues in the past.I found Abbens very hit and miss quality wise,Don't even bother with Parris,Most of his cues are now mass produced and unless youre a top pro you could be waiting months for a made to measure cue and his prices are ridiculous.
    Tyrone Cues are fantastic,He's based in Strabane and will answer any questions you might have if you contact him via fb.
    Maximus Cues are also very well made but are based in Thailand so expect a long wait for delivery.
    Are tyrone cues expensive or good quality? I want to spend about 300 to 350...

My bro bought a parris took 15 months to get it made and delivered and when he got it returned it as he asked specifically for grain to be a specific way and parris sent him a cue where the grain at end of cue was really prominent and the end right at ferrel there was a huge knot in the wood so was very off putting along with the fact he asked for a 59 inch cue and cue measured 58

Tyrone cues have a starting price of 380 pound sterling wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Tyrone cues have a starting price of 380 pound sterling wtf

Unfortunately its a case of you get what you pay for quality wise when you buy a custom made cue,You have to realise Martin makes these cues from a workshop at the back of his house so he doesnt mass produce cues like Parris.Its the personal touch he puts into each individual cue that makes his cues a little bit more expensive,No 2 cues are the same.
    Have you contacted him directly?He may have 1 or 2 cues in stock that might be a bit cheaper.Obviously they wont be made to measure but you might find something that siuts you.
    I myself bought a cue from him at the start of the summer,without a doubt its the best cue i've ever bought and i've gone tru a lot of cues.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/GRAND-Emperor-1-PC-Handmade-Ash-Snooker-Cue-TOP-Ultimate-18oz-9-65mm-58-25-/252208149174?nav=SEARCH

Anyone know of these grand custom cues meant to be excellent well going by my brothers friend but looking for thoughts on these cues please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

If I was spending that much money I would prefer to test the cue out 1st.
    U wud also need to buy a 1 piece case as well

Advertisement