Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCAM ALERT "FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)"

Options
  • 08-12-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

I received an email on my GMAIL account which was very convincing stating that I need to pay to obtain some sort of certificate. As I always do, I play around with the scammers before telling them to feck off so, I did the same once again :D

I am attaching the whole conversation below and details of sender will be added on the very bottom for google search results etc:

Original email received:
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Field Intelligence Groups J. Edgar Hoover Building
    935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

Attention: Beneficiary,
    We sincerely apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a certified mail, post-mail, phone or face to face conversation, it's due to the urgency and importance of the security information of our citizens. I am Special Agent Mark Giuliano from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs). We intercepted two consignment boxes at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and they contained large sum of money ($4.1 million) also some backup documents that bears your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver. Investigation was carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States and he stated that he was to deliver the funds at your residence as an overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Republic of Nigeria through the security company in United Kingdom.

After cross-checking all legal documents in the boxes, we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we can't release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, we have no other option than to confiscate your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC §1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours or you will be prosecuted in a court of law for money laundering, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United Kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation here in the United States.

Yours In Service,
    Special Agent Mark Giuliano
    Regional Deputy Director
    Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs)

ME: (FYI: the style I responded with is done in purpose so they might actually think they will get something off this :D)

what i done nothing how to fix sorry

SCAMMER:
    Attention: Jonathan,

Your comprehensive email was received and you must know that your consignment has already been taken to our storage vault, pending, until when you get the required certificate for your consignment release.

The consignment in question is part of your winning prize/beneficiary inheritance payment as it was stated on the delivery invoice recovered from the diplomat who wanted to abscond with your funds before he was apprehended by my men, your consignment has to pass through legal clearance process before green light can be granted for release to you as mandated by the White House.

To get this resolved and your consignment legally released for delivery to your residence, you're requested to provide the FUND OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE for the money contained in the boxes which you're to obtain with the assistance of the Customs and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) officer who will be working with you to make sure that you get the required certificate:

His Contact Information is:
    Name: Agent Richard Cave
    Email: richard.cave0@yahoo.com
    Text Number: (586) 438-3687

I advise you to email him immediately and ask him how you can get the certificate, also make sure you work only with the above customs and border protection office on your consignment release matter.

Yours In Service,
    Agent Mark Giuliano
    Deputy Director FBI

Take a look at the signature :D
    ME (at this stage I added Agent Richard Cave haha)
    FBI sorry I did not brake the law I just wanted to sell some clothes I will pay the tax sorry

SCAMMER:
    Attention Jonathan,

Greetings to you.

I am glad that you have acknowledged the receipt of the memo sent to you by an Agent of the FBI department regarding your consignment containing large sum of money addressed to you.

My name is Mr. Richard Cave, the Customs & Border Protection Officer in charge of this situation, After thorough scrutiny of this consignment it was discovered that this payment addressed to you was lacking just one important document {Proof of Ownership Certificate} according to section 229 subsection 31 of the 1991 constitution in tax payment.

I have made inquiry to this effect and was duly informed that this certificate should have been obtained from the country of origin where this payment was approved and cleared for payment.

We have made all necessary inquiry, it was discovered that your consignment {Payment} was lacking this important document and was officially notify that it can be obtained from the Country of origin ( Nigeria ) and sent down to the proper authorities in question to clear your payment for delivery to your address as all other relevant documents are available.

This is to assure you that there is no legal fee attached to our services but also to notify you of our findings as this will cost you financially to obtain from the Country of origin cheaper than securing it here in the States via diplomatic arrangement.

I also wish to remind you of the serious implication of failing to acquire this important document which legally is a serious financial crime punishable by serving jail terms for illegal money laundering into the United States according to FIN Form 105 of the United States.

I will be waiting to hear from you as the Certificate will cost you the sum of US$1,020 United States Dollars If it's to be obtained here in the ( United States ) but will only cost the sum of US$285 United States Dollars if it's to be obtained from the country of origin ( Nigeria ).

I will like to receive your acknowledgment to this email before I proceed officially and legally to secure this document for your own benefit.

Thanks

Yours truly,
    Mr. Richard Cave
    Phone Number: (586) 438-3687
    Customs and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) officer
    1 Penn Plaza 11th Floor Suite 11-18 New York, NY 10119

ME:
    ok sorry for any problems i caused but i have a criminal record i dont want to go to jail i just got a baby child and new house. please send me bank details and i will make payment today asapsorry dont tell my wife or dont send me letters please

SCAMMER:
    Which option did you choose to obtain the certificate? Here is the United States or Nigeria?

ME:
    i want pay less so nigeria please. thank you sorry

SCAMMER:
    I have made contact with the issuing officer from the country of origin (Nigeria) on your behalf and according to my conclusion with the Head of operations / Issuing officer there, you are to forward the sum of US$285 United States Dollars after which they will commence documentation in your favor.

Below is the information furnished to me by the issuing house there in their presidential villa for the payment to be forwarded through Money-Gram:

Receiver's Name: Ikeokpara Adaora
    Receiver's Address: 19 Faulks Road, Aba, Nigeria
    Text Question: Jonathan
    Text Answer: Adaora

Once payment is forwarded today email me with the funds pick up information or a scan copy of the payment slip so that i will pass it on to the issuing officer for immediate action.

ME:
    i have made the transfer of 285dollars to your account now sorry dont put me in jail i want to be free im scared

heres scan of my payment:
    OZJHO3B.jpg

including your face di**head.

Details of the scammer:First email came from: AGENT MARK GIULIANO markgiuliano@ic.fbi.gov
    *Reply to:
    mark.giuliano2@aol.com* (dumb fu*k)

Second email from: Mark Giuliano markgiuliano00@gmail.com
    Third email from: Agent Richard Cave richard.cave0@yahoo.com

And finally the transfer details:Ikeokpara Adaora19 Faulks Road, Aba, Nigeria

He wanted me to transfer the money via Money-Gram: https://www.moneygram.com
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Same old emails we've all being getting for years. Nothing new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 johnymst

Techmaster wrote: »
    Same old emails we've all being getting for years. Nothing new here.

Nobody posted this one so why even talk?

Since I'm still getting replies on my post posted 4 years ago, I can see that scam is a hot topic so I believe there's a need to share those no matter how aware everyone is. Just because you won't fall for it doesn't mean nobody will :pac:

Advertisement