Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensing Question

Options
  • 08-12-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on licensing some of my images for use on a website. It's not a scenario I've have to deal with before, I've only either sold prints or price per job.

Basically the client wants a number (exact amount to be decided so lets say 10) of images to be displayed as a background on their website. So if anyone has any pointers for a licensing agreement and more importantly costing I'd appreciate it.

For initially talking about it it seems the images will be only used online as it a totally online driven business...

btw there are no issues with image right, model releases etc...

The business will have a bit of clout behind it and will have big launch sometime in Jan, so no doubt it will make the business pages etc. Its actually a friend of mine who will be one of the partners in the business and he rang me about the images, but he's savvy enough to know its going to cost....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Look up the price on one of the Stock agencies to get an idea of their costs and work from there. Being a friend and with you having lower overheads you can probably reduce that price but how much would be a personal decision. Remember the the income will most likely be taxable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I'm well aware of tax implications, the fact that it is a friend is irrelevant to how I approach this

All I'm interested in now is getting a handle on a proper costing structure

Advertisement