Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going in theme costume to Star Wars on the 17th?

Options
  • 08-12-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Got tickets for the Imax on the day of the release, someone in my group was asking whether the cinema will be full of Star Wars die-hards in costume (cos they'd be inclined to do that aswell if so). Anyone planning on it?

We're not going to the 5 past midnight show though so maybe we'll be too late to watch it with the real cultists :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

No.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

No.

I'm going as Kirk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Have to say much as I love SW I would find that a bit cringe. If it was a themed showing I still wouldn't do it but I could get on board as to why you should but just going opening night dressed as a storm trooper or whatever....... not for me......... having said all that if it makes you happy screw what I or anyone else thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Having looked into this a bit more it seems the only place this is happening is in the lighthouse at the midnight showing (as mentioned in the comments here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1664915680462209/

Obviously we're not going to show up in theme if no-one else is - would be like turning up at a party in theme when it's not a theme party.

Advertisement