Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a reference from DCU?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was emailed about a Christmas job a few days ago and I may be having a interview soon. However in the email it stated that I need two references to bring to the interview and I only have one. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do to get a reference from someone in DCU. I'm a first year student so I haven't had to get a reference from a college before. Do we just ask one of our lecturers or do we ask the head of our department?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, it's just I don't want to miss out on a job because of a lack of a reference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 angelinab

Mr.S wrote: »
    Your lecturers won't know who you are, so don't ask them!

Ask your course head, who probably won't know you who you are either, but they can write you a reference based on your grades and attendance.

As your relationship with lecturers / academics is quite informal, you might be better off getting in touch with your old principal or old form teacher - people who know you better!

If I were to ask my course head, would it be ok to email her or should I go to her office?
    I'm really not keen on going back to my old school :p
    Sorry again if this seems like a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 angelinab

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd go In person, just so she can meet you! She probably has never talked to you ;)

I've actually had a few conversations with her over email about my transfer application around the end of the summer, but I suppose it would be better for her to see me in person haha

Advertisement