Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostat reset

Options
  • 07-12-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have a Benekov R15 wood chip boiler and I'm getting an error message indicating that the safety overheat thermostat kicked in. According to the manual I must press the reset button on the thermostat to start the boiler again. From what I understand it's not the thermostat inside the house, but rather a thermostat that is in the boiler.

I have looked everywhere but can not find the reset button (I have even tried resetting the thermostat inside the house with no joy).

Have anybody came across this before and can help me to locate the reset button for the thermostat?

Thanks!!!!

Theo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

http://www.stevensonplumbing.co.uk/images/source/Plumbing/heating/imit_tlsc_thermostat.jpg

Not sure about your setup, but on oil boiler the button you are looking for is underneath the little black cover on the above.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Theo1234 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a Benekov R15 wood chip boiler and I'm getting an error message indicating that the safety overheat thermostat kicked in. According to the manual I must press the reset button on the thermostat to start the boiler again. From what I understand it's not the thermostat inside the house, but rather a thermostat that is in the boiler.

I have looked everywhere but can not find the reset button (I have even tried resetting the thermostat inside the house with no joy).

Have anybody came across this before and can help me to locate the reset button for the thermostat?

Thanks!!!!

Theo

Have you a pic of the control panel on the boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Theo1234

Hi Wearb,

Thanks!!!! That helped me out!. Setup not exactly the same, but when I took the top off, I found a black cap similar to the one in your photo. Red button underneath the cap did the trick.

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Glad you got sorted

If it keeps tripping that stat, you need to find out why. It isn't good for appliance to be tripping on high limit too often.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement