Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 7 beeps!

Options
  • 07-12-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

My laptop wont start and is beeping seven times. I believe it's a problem with the heat sink. Has anybody ever had this problem and is it worth fixing? Dell are only giving a three month guarantee after fix, for €150+. Also is there anyway I can transfer my old programs to a new laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what laptop model is it?
    The hard drive should be fine so you could transfer your old data over if you buy a caddy or buy an enclosure and stick your old hard drive into to give you a portable hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Skerries wrote: »
    what laptop model is it?
    The hard drive should be fine so you could transfer your old data over if you buy a caddy or buy an enclosure and stick your old hard drive into to give you a portable hard drive

It's an m5010, that's good about transferring, thanks.

All I see is six inspirion models on the dell website, the selection seems really limited.

Can someone recommend a new model the same as the m5010, it worked well until it stopped.

Advertisement