Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA graduate visa 2016

Options
  • 06-12-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone hoping to do the j1 graduate visa in the USA next year when I graduate in August just have a few questions for ye

Would any of ye have any experience of the visa?
    Is there many accounting internship opportunities around say in the likes of NYC,Boston etc? And are they paid well?
    I have recently accepted a graduate position for pwc starting next autumn will this count in my favour?
    Are there any good websites to apply for any internship opportunities?

Thanks all feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭vikings2012

Hi everyone

Sorry for not starting a new thread.

I am in the very same position as cwalsh95 I really want to go on a J1 and I would like to know if anyone has done any accounting/finance internships on a J1 and what their experiences were and how did ye apply for them? Since I will be starting in PwC in autumn do you think I could get a internship in one of pwc offices in the states just for the summer months?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mitch_93

Hi everyone

Sorry for not starting a new thread.

I am in the very same position as cwalsh95 I really want to go on a J1 and I would like to know if anyone has done any accounting/finance internships on a J1 and what their experiences were and how did ye apply for them? Since I will be starting in PwC in autumn do you think I could get a internship in one of pwc offices in the states just for the summer months?

Thanks in advance

Hi vikings2012,

Unfortunately internships or any professional work is strictly forbidden while on a J1 visa.
    The J1 visa only allows for seasonal work. If you have graduated from a third level college in Ireland in the past year with a minimum ordinary degree then you can apply for the graduate visa which allows you to take a professional internship for a year rather then just the summer months.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement