Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apps running in the background?

Options
  • 06-12-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys, I have a yoga 2 pro 13'' tab on android 4.4.2 and at the moment I have 16 tabs open in the background, how can I close them, when I want to leave/close an app I can either hit the home button or retun to the previous page but the apps stay open in the background, regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Don't worry about it it's how android works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

try long pressing the home button and swipe them away?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

sentient_6 wrote: »
    cheers, I had a samsung tab a few years ago and that was one of the reasons I got rid of it, why theres not a simple way to close an app I just don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

try long pressing the home button and swipe them away?
    just found out how to do it, as you suggested just swipe the app up towards the top, cheers

sentient_6 wrote: »

needless apps running in the background can use up a lot of battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

needless apps running in the background can use up a lot of battery

On older versions of Android this would be correct - not from KK onwards though....

It is how Android works... (Now)

Fieldog wrote: »
    On older versions of Android this would be correct - not from KK onwards though....

It is how Android works... (Now)

ok cool

ive a lollipop tablet and ive got warnings about background apps using a lot of battery though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ok cool

ive a lollipop tablet and ive got warnings about background apps using a lot of battery though?

Holding home and the swipe away when done should do the trick for the main system hoggers...

Some things like play services etc are required by the OS to "sync" apps together and keep them up to date, and these should not be disabled....

Advertisement