Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry/Cork Weather

Options
  • 06-12-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Is the weather better in Cork than Kerry. I know they are not far away but I suppose there is less rain in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I presume Cork would be a bit better than Kerry in terms of rain. Though I've never looked at any statistics on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

I'm living close enough to county bounds & regularly drive to and from cork city. I can honestly say once you hit Lissarda the weather changes. It was raining here for 2hrs on Friday night & it still wasn't raining in Cork. I have now started to go by the weather warnings for Kerry instead of cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes Cork can get flooding more severely than Kerry can but never seen Kerry to flood so much in all my life! Tralee was fairly bad and further south. Never known Tralee to be so bad other than the Manor area had to turn back at one point during a flood near there back in September. My car couldn't take the amount of water from the river that burst near Manor West. Had to drive a different way home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Interesting stats in this newspaper article ' Data released by the forecasting service shows Cork has been subject to the most weather alerts and warnings over the last three years, followed closely by Kerry.'

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/spike-in-number-of-weather-alerts-and-warnings-for-2014-1.2221428

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

When you look at the forecast it always seems to be dry in Cork and raining in Kerry yet they are so close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This year is fairly different. Seems the Northwest and West got a battering. Sligo has 79 warnings so far, possibly making it the county with the most severe weather in Ireland. Tipperary seems to have the least severe weather, with only 45 warnings.

Sligo 79,
    Donegal 77,
    Mayo 77,
    Leitrim 75,
    Galway 74
    Clare 67,
    Kerry 66,
    Dublin 61,
    Wicklow 61,
    Cork 60,
    Louth 58,
    Wexford 58,
    Roscommon 58,
    Meath 57,
    Cavan 55,
    Monaghan 55
    Waterford 54,
    Kildare 52,
    Limerick 52,
    Longford 51,
    Offaly 51,
    Westmeath 51,
    Laois 50,
    Carlow 47,
    Kilkenny 46,
    Tipperary 45,

*Only up to May 2015 and not including recent statistics.

Advertisement