Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a Tissot bridgeport automatic advice.

Options
  • 05-12-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of automatic bridgeports for my parents. The ones I was looking at are T097.407.11.033.00 and T097.007.11.113.00. The men's has a powermatic 80 in it and the other one has an ETA 2671 movement.

Firstly, I would like to hear your advice on these two. Are they good? My parents like Tissot and I don't really think any other brands at these price will make them happier. But other models might be OK.
    Secondly, it is difficult to source these automatic watches in Ireland, not in jewelers in Blanch anyway. Does the hour passion in Dublin airport have large variety of models in stock? How much cheaper do they usually sell comparing to an AD in dublin? I think I can claim back the tax due that I am travelling to a country that is outside the EU. Will the price still be cheaper when buying from the hour passion than an AD after tax back?

Oh, did anyone try to negotiate the price with an AD before? Is that really negotiable?

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

s982102 wrote: »
    I think I can claim back the tax due that I am travelling to a country that is outside the EU. Will the price still be cheaper when buying from the hour passion than an AD after tax back?

Oh, did anyone try to negotiate the price with an AD before? Is that really negotiable?

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

There us no duty on watches so it's unlikely you'll be able to reclaim unless of course you are tax resident abroad and qualify for vat back.

Ad's should give you at least 10% off without haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

There us no duty on watches so it's unlikely you'll be able to reclaim unless of course you are tax resident abroad and qualify for vat back.

Ad's should give you at least 10% off without haggling.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just checked the revenue.ie website. It seems like I am not in the category of traveller/tourist, therefore no VAT refund...:(

Still would hour passion be cheaper than an AD? The 10% is based on the RRP, right? But what is the RRP? Is that the price given in Tissotshop.uk for pounds or Tissotshop.de for euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

s982102 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just checked the revenue.ie website. It seems like I am not in the category of traveller/tourist, therefore no VAT refund...:(

Still would hour passion be cheaper than an AD? The 10% is based on the RRP, right? But what is the RRP? Is that the price given in Tissotshop.uk for pounds or Tissotshop.de for euros?

Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will chip in but rrp''s can be misleading as they are regularly undercut by some brands - not sure about Tissot though. There was a thread on here earlier this year about prices being on the high side in hour passion...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Hour passion will have them around 12 % cheaper if I'm not mistaken about percentage, could be 10 %. They never go on sale and never have e offers. They are also available in arnotts, quite good selection there in store, you won't see it online on the arnotts website though, so check in store for availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

You could email Hour Passion and check if they have them in stock. If they don't they will probably be able to order them in for you(I think a deposit may be required). I've dealt with them before trying to source a rare Hamilton and they're quite helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Thanks for all the valuable information, guys!

Advertisement