Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infantile spasms

Options
  • 05-12-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

My little 14 month old has just been diagnosed. Anyone here have experience of same where baby had had good outcomes /grown out of it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

Hi 73trix, yes my son was diagnosed at 9 months with infantile spasms as part of a wider condition know as Tuberous Sclerosis. He was put on medication to control the spasms which worked extremely well and one year later after having no spasms he was taken off it. He is now a very happy 6 yr old with no issues. So there are good news stories out there. i think early intervention is key so hopefully you have a good medical team looking after him. Any further questions drop me a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

rockwell wrote: »
    Hi 73trix, yes my son was diagnosed at 9 months with infantile spasms as part of a wider condition know as Tuberous Sclerosis. He was put on medication to control the spasms which worked extremely well and one year later after having no spasms he was taken off it. He is now a very happy 6 yr old with no issues. So there are good news stories out there. i think early intervention is key so hopefully you have a good medical team looking after him. Any further questions drop me a note.

Hi. we are now a year down the road and my son was put on steroids and his spasms stopped within weeks and never returned, thank goodness. he was discharged from temple st in recent weeks. It's so good to hear your son has no issues. My guy has devel delay but is making strides all the time, speech is his biggest issue. I was so worried about cognitive problems. Hoping he will be one who has "normal" cognitive development in time.

Advertisement