Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai Connect

Options
  • 05-12-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Thinking of flying to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai is we can get a cheap/free stopover. I'm unclear about Dubai Connect though - when booking via the Emirates website, should the flight details (before confirming the booking) show 'Dubai Connect' as an option? I don't want to book a flight only to find we can't avail of it.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I have used Dubai Connect with Emirates several times - most recently 2 weeks ago - and its fantastic. Each time I have always stayed at the Al Bustan Rotana, but I understand they use several hotels.
    I have always been Business class so the rule is >6 hours between flights. I think its >8 for economy.
    It will not appear as an option on booking only afterwards in manage my booking and must be booked (option selected on website) 24 hours in advance. Same for business class options such as chauffeur collect, etc.
    For the hotel, you get the actual hotel voucher in Dublin airport at check-in desk and then straight to arrivals chauffeur desk in Dubai. usually takes a few minutes to get car and about 3-4 mins to hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

H2G2 wrote: »
    It will not appear as an option on booking only afterwards in manage my booking

Ah, that's what I was curious about - it's not possible to know for absolutely sure in advance one can available of it. (I'm mildly curious about Dubai - enough I'd opt for a free long stopover but not enough if I have to pay for it!)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

oceanclub wrote: »
    ...enough I'd opt for a free long stopover but not enough if I have to pay for it!

Just be careful... its not something you "opt for" a such, more forced into accepting. Read the T&C's..."The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer".

So only valid so long as its the "best" connection.
    I have used it on routes such as Dublin to Riyadh and Dublin to Tokyo where the best connection is 7-9 hours.

Advertisement