Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel pipe

Options
  • 04-12-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I didn't no where to put this I'm looking for an online shop in Ireland where I can buy some steel pipes but not in large quantities like an engineering company would require its just for a small project biggest diameter needed would be an inch maybe 1.5 .thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I didn't no where to put this I'm looking for an online shop in Ireland where I can buy some steel pipes but not in large quantities like an engineering company would require its just for a small project biggest diameter needed would be an inch maybe 1.5 .thanks for the help

Why not use gun barrel plumbing pipe? You can also thread it and get fittings to suit. Plumbing wholesalers should stick this in a range of sizes...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

Thanks for the reply I tried a few plumbing sites and could only find PVC pipeing .il try searching for it now just out of interest is the gunbarrel pipe seemless as il be heating it in a forge

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

You can specify Seem less Heavy wall .Try BSS Cork & Dublin.
    Your talking wholesalers possible 6.00 Mtr lengts but some will cut for you.
    What location suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

I'm in Wexford .thanks il give them a try

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Irish Tube & Fittings are nice people to deal with in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭T5180

Most pipe and tube companies will only sell full lengths, usually 6 meters long. Impact Metals and Special Steels in Dublin will sell pieces cut to specific lengths but it may not be economical for you .
    What you really need are offcuts from a company that uses larger quantities . A lot of the time these go in the scrap bin as they can only keep so much . Try asking some of the steel tube suppliers for advice and they may know of a regular customer in your area who could help. Just be careful when referring to pipe in "inch " sizes as with GB ( gun barrel pipe ) it refers to the bore diameter not the OD. Metric steel tube is used regularly for hydraulic piping systems .

Advertisement