Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oitavos Dunes Golf Classic

Options
  • 04-12-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone played this golf course or played in the annual golf tournament that takes place every February? Looks a good little set up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

morrga wrote:
    Hi, anyone played this golf course or played in the annual golf tournament that takes place every February? Looks a good little set up.

Played the course - very good. Not the tournament. Weather in February not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

First Up wrote: »
    Played the course - very good. Not the tournament. Weather in February not guaranteed.

What is the tournament ?

I guess this is it.

I would love to do something like that to be honest.

http://www.theoitavos.com/pdf/TheOitavosClassic.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

For those interested in Oitavos Dunes - here's a full set of photographs from October this year.

For those interested in Oitavos Dunes - here's a full set of photographs from October this year.

Is it any good Kevin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Is it any good Kevin ?

One of those places where you think 'what's all the fuss about' when you arrive, but after four holes you play some beauties up across a very gentle hilltop. So yes, a very good course. I think it's ranked 16th in Europe in Golf World's Top 100 Continental European courses. Personally, I'd rank it in the 20s/30s if it was in Ireland

One of those places where you think 'what's all the fuss about' when you arrive, but after four holes you play some beauties up across a very gentle hilltop. So yes, a very good course. I think it's ranked 16th in Europe in Golf World's Top 100 Continental European courses. Personally, I'd rank it in the 20s/30s if it was in Ireland

Did anyone here do that week.

I'm looking for something like that in 2016.

Give the Wild West a break. Well do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

First Up wrote: »

What is the tournament ?
    Add your reply here.

I think it is just an amateur singles stableford played over 2 rounds with a practice round included. Golfbreaks.ie advertised it so looking at giving it a try this year to break up the long winter golf season.

Looking a bit more into this - this seems a bit trendy and upmarket ?

That is 924 quid - for 3 rounds of golf and accommodation , before you get there , rent a car etc ?

You'd imagine - nearly 1000 would get you something else from a golfing experience in Portugal in Jan ?

Public:
    924,00€ twin occupancy
    Includes:
    • 3 nights at The Oitavos hotel (twin occupancy, bed & breakfast)
    • 3 golf rounds at Oitavos Dunes
    • Welcome Cocktail at the Clubhouse – Verbasco bar
    • Closing ceremony lunch at Ipsylon Restaurant
    • Prizes and Giveaways

But , new to me ?

Anything else like that out there , that time of year ?

It's much cheaper through golfbreaks.ie at 469.

We booked return flights including golf clubs checked in for 120 and transfers 35 each return. Total cost for everything 625.

Not too bad I don't think.

• Advertisement

morrga wrote: »
    It's much cheaper through golfbreaks.ie at 469.

We booked return flights including golf clubs checked in for 120 and transfers 35 each return. Total cost for everything 625.

Not too bad I don't think.

:) Glad I asked now, that seems very good. That price looked crazy to be honest.

Any link ?

It's a 5 star resort so no doubt they will catch some fat cats who book direct through the hotel.

You'll see all the details at the below link. E Mail Ross at info@golfbreaks.ie for more info. He is very helpful. I don't know him in person but he has all the answers.

http://www.golfbreaks.ie/oitavos-classic-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Had a look at it myself, the 924 is for 2, so works out at 462 each, which isn't bad for three rounds and a three night stay in a good resort. Flights, transfers and spending (drinking) money won't leave you with much change from a grand though.

Would love to do something like this though, you interested in bunking up Fix? :D

Had a look at it myself, the 924 is for 2, so works out at 462 each, which isn't bad for three rounds and a three night stay in a good resort. Flights, transfers and spending (drinking) money won't leave you with much change from a grand though.

Would love to do something like this though, you interested in bunking up Fix? :D

Yes - but in touch with another touched .

But - will see how it pans out.

Anyone sign up to this tournament starting Thursday? 4 of us heading out, can't wait now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

morrga wrote: »
    Anyone sign up to this tournament starting Thursday? 4 of us heading out, can't wait now!

Enjoy, bring back some good weather and photos!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement