Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star wars beginner

• 04-12-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all. So my son (6yrs old) wants to watch star wars. We have them all at home but I am just wondering where to start.

4,5 & 6 or begin at the beginning 1,2 & 3. I watched 4,5 & 6 first cause they were the only ones. But oh reckons he should start at 1,2 & 3

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

trixychic wrote: »
    Hi all. So my son (6yrs old) wants to watch star wars. We have them all at home but I am just wondering where to start.

4,5 & 6 or begin at the beginning 1,2 & 3. I watched 4,5 & 6 first cause they were the only ones. But oh reckons he should start at 1,2 & 3

Check out hte Machete Order, a friend of mine has never seen the movies and I told him to watch them as 4,5 then what Turn to the Dark Side (edit of all the prequels) and then 6, he really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm rewatching before the new one is out, and ill be going in the machete order: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

TPD wrote: »
    I'm rewatching before the ne one is out, and ill be going in the machete order: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

I've decided not to re-watch it, just go in there with an open mind and be taken along by the story. I plan on watching them at the weekend though and then going again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

We ended up watching no. 1 and he enjoyed it.... wasn't completely engrossed but he did enjoy it. It's gettin big in his school at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

The Machete Order puts the prequels (no need for ep1) as flashback between empire strikes back and return of the Jedi so the Darth Vader reveal isn't ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Clareman wrote: »
    Check out hte Machete Order, a friend of mine has never seen the movies and I told him to watch them as 4,5 then what Turn to the Dark Side (edit of all the prequels) and then 6, he really enjoyed it.

Never actually heard of that, it's not a bad idea. Jedi is better then episode 1 and 2 for sure and arguably better then sith (although I'd have them about the same) so it's not as if your ending the series after the high point of empire and did in quality.

Is the age gap between episode 1 and 2 ever mentioned? I don't think it was off the top of my head and among many other things but I always found it odd how he starts creeping on Padme straight away having not seen her since he was a kid. If you would assume had it only been a couple of years ie teen to adult it would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Skylined.94

You won't miss much if you start at Episode 4, in fact, it will tee things up nicely for The Force Awakens on the 17th. You will get an understanding of the back story while watching Episodes 4-6 but then there is no harm in watching 1-3 if you have the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

take them out of school and watch them all!!

Advertisement