Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annfield v Fernleigh

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a place soon and have seen a few places around these areas. There seems to be a marked difference between the two, Fernleigh seems a bit nicer and less crowded; more green areas for the kids to play.

What are the areas like themselves, is there a difference between the two?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Looking at buying a place soon and have seen a few places around these areas. There seems to be a marked difference between the two, Fernleigh seems a bit nicer and less crowded; more green areas for the kids to play.

What are the areas like themselves, is there a difference between the two?

Cheers!

We moved into Fernleigh last April and we're really happy with the place. It's fairly quiet and the area has everything... Bus, train, schools, easy access to town, shopping centres.

Not sure about what it's like in Anfield but it seems the only difference is, like you said, it's a bit more dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiferea

I agree with previous post - Fernleigh is quiet and is a very nice area that has everything - bus, train, schools, easy access to town, shopping centers, schools, park. Annfield is also very nice, Fernleigh is a little more expensive than Annfield and Woodbrook

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think Fernleigh is slightly better located and less dense. But they are beside each other. The build quality isn't amazing in my opinion, but that's true of a lot of housing around that time.

Note Kellystown development plan nearby means that traffic is only going to get worse. But the trains might get updated.

Good locations any of them, if the location suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Arrrggh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Fernleigh in the catchment area for CCC and Annfield for LCC unless I’m not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

That's why houses on Fernleigh cost more. CCC is one of the best public school.

And it's true with poor quality of house, problem with roof, mold, etc.

Advertisement