Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Konami are jerks - Hideo Kojima not allowed to attend VGA by Konami lawyers

Options
  • 04-12-2015 2:41pm

The above video features a host at the VGA, which were held recently, explaining that Kojima was told by a lawyer representing Konami that he would not be allowed to travel and attend the awards.

It seems like an absolute dick move by the developer. No other way to phrase it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

#FuckKonami

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You wonder if Konami are trying to completely destroy any respect they have left.

It's starting to seem that way. Didn't they also ban him from attending his own leaving do? Unless I'm misremembering. Loved the booing that happened during that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Have they given any reason why the lawyers wouldn't want him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have they given any reason why the lawyers wouldn't want him there?

Why wouldn't they want someone who doesn't work for them accepting an award on their behalf.

it's not like they barred the man himself from receiving a lifetime achievement award or such.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they want someone who doesn't work for them accepting an award on their behalf.

I don't know, common human decency?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't know, common human decency?
    Konami, common human decency? Are we talking about the same company here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Links234 wrote: »
    You wonder if Konami are trying to completely destroy any respect they have left.

They don't care cus they have pretty publicly declared they are leaving the AAA games space to focus on mobile games, pacinko parlours and their "gentlemens clubs"

That being said they really didnt need to be such dicks about the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They make it sound like he's under house arrest or something. I'm sure he's happier in bed watching movies, anyway. But yeah... Konami have no respect for their employees. Guy Cihi, never forget.

Advertisement