Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerseys 2016

Options
  • 03-12-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭

I don't think there is already a jerseys 2016 thread...

12348091_949806871777836_4959444861245375134_n.jpg?oh=f3e459cbe949bd70e2aa11c98caf7f29&oe=56D8DA27

...so I'll start the ball rolling with the NZ Super Rugby jerseys. Happy enough with the Crusaders one, but won't buy. The blue of the Blues is almost pastel blue/Italian soccer team blue. The Chiefs :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I really like the crusaders jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Given that the colours of the Crusaders jersey aren't that strong/bright in reality, it's safe to assume that goes for all the jerseys.

The Hurricanes one is rotten. Maybe it'll look better with a sponsor but right there it looks like Jane dunked himself nipple deep in a jar of bovril.

The Chiefs one is a cluster-f*ck. I get that they have strong maori links but that jersey looks like a curtain you might see in Buckingham Palace.

The Highlanders jersey look weird without a sponsor but it should look nice with one. I like that they've incorporated a subtle tartan design.

The Blues one would be absolutely lovely if they had foregone the unnecessary green backing on the sponsor.

The Crusaders looks the best of the lot. I'll probably pick that one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

"Right boys, the photoshoot is on a green screen this year, so no one can have any green in their home kit, got it?"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Hurricanes one looks like a leather jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The Hurricanes one looks like a leather jersey!
    Apparently these are their official Scrum-Hats:
    3187o4MgpoL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Love them all. Will defo pick up a saders one if I can!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

53274-highlanders-2016-mens-home-jersey-pre-order-740.png

not as bad as i expected

definitely be obtaining :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    53274-highlanders-2016-mens-home-jersey-pre-order-740.png

not as bad as i expected

definitely be obtaining :)

Thats nice and the sponsor isnt too bad on it either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The Chiefs' jersey is too busy. Not a big fan of the Blues' one either. The sponsor's logo looks stupid and I don't the pastel blue. I think they should have gone with white.

http://www.punditarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/12439223_10154002616157249_8623214661114462455_n.jpg

adidas had a bring your kid to work day and they let them design a jersey ......

• Advertisement

I actually think that pattern has lots of potential, that colour scheme is abysmal, if the white was black I'd buy it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Looks like an illusion jersey

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I will NOT be obtaining.

Last year's alternative jersey was infinitely better

I think some people will hate this - but I think it is absolutely beautiful.

francealt16front.jpg

francealt16back.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is that the 7s jersey or the 15s ?

Is that the 7s jersey or the 15s ?

15s alternate, presumably to be worn against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

The back is a little disappointing after looking at the front. Bit like the marmite Leinster European jersey - creative on the front, disjointed on the back.

Still like it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

The back is a little disappointing after looking at the front. Bit like the marmite Leinster European jersey - creative on the front, disjointed on the back.

Still like it though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

errlloyd wrote: »
    15s alternate, presumably to be worn against Italy.

Their 7s one is pretty good too. I often wish we would do something a bit more exciting. We have very little need for an alternate jersey so it would have to be on the home one.

Advertisement