Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill insurance

Options
  • 03-12-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I rang Chill insurance and a rep gave me a quote and said there was a 2 week cooling period if I did mot want to take it. A few days later I cancelled over the phone. All I had to do was send the paperwork, a copy of my drivers license and no claims bonus, and include a letter to confirm the cancellation and it would be cancelled from the day I rang. It would take 10 days to get the money refunded. I thanked the rep and hung up. I posted the letter not half an hour later.
    I rang but only got the reply to wait. 11 days later I emailed them and asked where the money was as I really needed this back ASAP. The only reply was

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Chill Insurance Customer Care.

One of our agents will be in contact with you shortly to assist with your enquiry. If your query is in relation to an urgent change required to your policy, or you require cover immediately, please contact our office at 01 4003494.

Please note that any change to an existing policy can only be discussed with the policy holder. Changes to your policy can only be confirmed once you have spoken to a Customer Care agent and the cover has been confirmed. Please note that cover is not in place until you have been contacted by an agent and this has been confirmed.

We will be in contact shortly. That’s what we are here for.

Chill Insurance Customer Care Team

I rang them and asked where is my money? They replied I had not cancelled.
    It was like they had no clue.
    They later advised me that I had failed to send in the disc. It was never send out to me. I had cancelled before sending the paperwork. So they had not been able to make a disc.
    They made me fill out a form for loosing a disc I had never had.
    They finally cancelled almost a month later and will deduct a penalty etc.

I thought that I would have to pay no penalty or costs in the cooling off period and that is when I cancelled! I had not been insured but I have to pay for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JO00

My question is can they do this? Are they in the right or am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Inform them you are going to contact the ombudsman. Also they should have a record of your phone conversation when you cancelled. Dreadful service but not surprised.

JO00 wrote: »
    My question is can they do this? Are they in the right or am I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Make a formal complaint in writing to Chill directly, as required and laid out in a company's terms of business. They have to respond to your complaint within 40 days. If you are not happy with the outcome then you can take it to the insurance ombudsman.
    They should have all the calls recorded and should resolve this for you

Thanks,

PaulM

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JO00

Thanks a bundle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement