Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA Docklands

Options
  • 03-12-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio that as part of the development going on in the Docklands that there will be a new railway and a new Luas bridge built.

Can't find the plan on the Nama website. Anyone have any details? I presume these are just replacements for existing bridges?

For a brief second I though they might be building new or extending some existing lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

there is a plan to extend the red luas line over the liffey and down to ringsend. there are also plans for one or two more pedestrian bridges in the area and also a new bridge (public transport only) linking york road and sir john rogersons quay...

here is an Irish times article on some of the proposals...

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/new-luas-lines-among-transport-proposals-for-dublin-1.2392135

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I can't help but laugh at the way many people seem to be ostrich like when planning these developments in low lying areas like the Docklands. What will be the effect of rising sea levels caused by global warming on these areas? What will it cost to protect them from flooding and is it even possible? Will Ireland's neutrality protect it from global warming? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I can't help but laugh at the way many people seem to be ostrich like when planning these developments in low lying areas like the Docklands. What will be the effect of rising sea levels caused by global warming on these areas? What will it cost to protect them from flooding and is it even possible? Will Ireland's neutrality protect it from global warming? :rolleyes:

Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Hilarious!

The issue of flooding is a valid one. On several occasions, when spring tides have coincided with easterly gales or storms, the water has come up to the quay level. We do not want Dublin to join Cork and some other estuarial towns in the flood leagues.
    Whatever is built along the quays, should be elevated by at least a metre, preferably more. If and when the DART interconnector / DART underground is constructed, it will hopefully be well sealed at the North Wall tunnel mouth.

Advertisement