Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managing your move / Your 'To do' list

Options
  • 03-12-2015 7:11am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What is your method of creating a list and managing your move?

I made a spreadsheet here a while ago, but would love to hear from others.

There are MANY spreadsheets available online but it seems like you have to cobble a few different ones together to make something that works for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I don't really have a list but I probably should. This will be my 4th time moving country, I've gotten more and more lackadaisical with. We are planning a trip to the US before arriving back. That's the most stressful for me.

I noticed in your spreadsheet that you are thinking of getting an automatic car in Ireland. Would you have the time to learn manual while you were still there? It's really not very difficult. Or even if you don't need a car right away, you could pick it up in a month or less. My understanding is that you can use your US licence for up to a year in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

You don't necessarily need the manual on the license in Ireland. Both my husband and I have automatics even though we drive both. I wouldnt go back to a manual. Unless its a sports car, they're stupid and out of date.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think I will opt for automatic, I think I'll pay a few grand more for it but I dont mind. Will learn manual eventually I think, the OH wants a manual car, but to start and get the other big things out of the way first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Packing up office last night somebody produces wine. Proceed to drink much wine. Now have no idea if i have what i need. Flying today. Probably be back in january but im not sure.

Advertisement