Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Website Thoughts?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just finishing off a project for College

Having some problems with the pictures on the beaches page lining up and my contact form on the contact page,

Any tips improvements or any notes would be great, first time doing Coding. Mature student from none computing background = hard H/drip :cool:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YiumkjwnDIbTI3TXlDbHRnVHM/view?usp=sharing

Regards
    D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

If you want people to look at it with out hosting it at least zip it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

As said above at least put it into a zipped folder to make it easier to view, instead of us having to go through each file individually

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

@Sheeps ya sorry about that :)

@OriginV Ya should have done that to start with, when you click on this link below it should be a download the whole zip file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YiumkjwnDIbTI3TXlDbHRnVHM/view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UnquieUserName

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just finishing off a project for College

Having some problems with the pictures on the beaches page lining up and my contact form on the contact page,

Any tips improvements or any notes would be great, first time doing Coding. Mature student from none computing background = hard H/drip :cool:

Regards
    D

Hi

On the Beaches page you have the first image wrapped in <div class="alignimagesright"> if you also wrap the next two images with the same thing they will align perfectly for you

If you are having any trouble when this PM me

@UnquieUserName

Thanks for this, I think I had the two other images on that within that DIV tag but for some reason they weren't floating Right,

heading to college now, so will try this out again :) thanks for the input

regards
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 itech

You should try and use external css not inline and your html wont validate by using percentages for images, use css to style and images!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 itech

You should try and use external css not inline and your html wont validate by using percentages for images, use css to style the images!

itech wrote: »
    You should try and use external css not inline and your html wont validate by using percentages for images, use css to style the images!

Thanks :) Ya for the final product I had to make it a external CSS sheet just like you suggested, got 75% for it so very happy with the finished product.

Found out the hard way, college lecturers mark things hard :D

Doing my FYP on learning Python and why python for first time programmers and also doing a project on Java making a full banking application, 7 classes/inheritance/ expect a thread on it soon :)

Just finished linking the classes to the GUI,

Thanks to all for the comments, Ill update the files for the finished project. If anyone wants to see.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YiumkjwnDIN1lzdi1RUzhnblE/view?usp=sharing

Advertisement