Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of pyrex

Options
  • 02-12-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭

I'm confused I have some old pyrex lids for bowls that no longer exist. I want to dispose of them glass banks don't take pyrex. Bin says no glass so how do i dispose of these lids? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The only option with stuff like that is to wrap it up/disguise it and add it to your general refuse. Sadly, we are far,far away from the day when it will be illegal to manufacture anything that can't easily be recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

Is that the Pyrex lids with the flat top?
    Would you not keep them for heating smaller things up on in the oven or as another spare plate/ bowl?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Other option is to give it to a charity shop and hope someone else finds it useful? Not sure if charity shops accept just the lids though.

Advertisement