Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i7 6700k in ireland?....

Options
  • 02-12-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

So I'm looking to buy one before Christmas for a decent price. I don't really know anywhere in Ireland that sell them at a decent price atm. But it's pretty much the same abroad or they are just out of stock...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

dabs.ie have them in stock @500 EUR link

*39 in stock at time of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dvraiz

dabs.ie have them in stock @500 EUR.

Yeah, but doesn't 500 euro not seem like too much to people? It would be cheaper to buy it from a UK store anyway even with the crap £ conversion rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

It's all relative. How badly do you want it? 450-500 is what I'm getting doing a quick Google. Usual sites Amazon, Elara, Komplett etc.

Mindfactory.de have it a little cheaper but no stock until end of Dec.

Quick look at some US sites like newegg, have it for about 450 EUR including tax.

It's all relative. How badly do you want it? 450-500 is what I'm getting doing a quick Google. Usual sites Amazon, Elara, Komplett etc.

Mindfactory.de have it a little cheaper but no stock until end of Dec.

Well, I guess I just don't wanna waste money on it tbh. Like I didn't check prices before black Friday thinking they would just go down. From what I can see.... It just went up!!! i.imgur.com/kU3F3Qn.png Though if I had bothered to check the prices I would thought they would go down on black Friday anyway.. I was just interested if any computer store in Dublin or anywhere in Ireland would have them in under 450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Quick look at some US sites like newegg, have it for about 450 EUR including tax.

How do you price things on US sites, do you just add 23% vat or is there also duty to be paid on it?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    How do you price things on US sites, do you just add 23% vat or is there also duty to be paid on it?

Seems it's 23% if it's over 150 euro including the shipping costs and duty seems to be 2.5%. Only exceptions are gifts under 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

you wouldnt look at the i5 6600k? seems like much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dvraiz wrote: »
    I was just interested if any computer store in Dublin or anywhere in Ireland would have them in under 450.

bricks and mortar shops don't generally sell high end processors and gpu's as they date quicker than other tech so they would be left with units that no one wants at retail prices when they can get it cheaper online
    Shops leave that stuff to online resellers as they can't compete due to overheads

https://www.curiua.com/dp/B010T6DQTQ

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

Advertisement